Wednesday, September 12, 2007

4 months and growing!

I went for my check-up today and I am a strong, healthy, growing baby girl! I measured in at 25 and 1/4 inches, 13 lbs 13oz, and a head circumference of 15 and 7/8 inches. Despite my 'short and fat' status of 2 months, at 4 I am long and lean- perfect to go with my supermodel pout (eating your words yet, daddy?). I also got 4 more vaccines today and took 'em like a champ again.

Dr. Bellah made me feel really good about all the things I can do. He underlined the fact that I can follow an object the size of a pea 180 degrees left to right, I turn my head to the sound of a whisper, I grab at things, I return your smile when you smile at me, I laugh, I imitate the intonation of your voice, I push myself up into the baby cobra pose, and I hold my head up strong- even when you lift me from a lying to a sitting position.

I also got the green light to start solids! Yeah! I am so excited. I like to put everything in my mouth these days anyway, so why not make it something I should swallow? Daddy, of course, heard this and got a little ahead of the game. Momma came up from grilling dinner and found us like this:


Busted!

She explained that solids did not include glass bottles or beer. Oh well, I am sure rice cereal will taste just as good!

No comments: