Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chica in Chicot

At least when my parents expose me to this mardi gras madness, they also expose me to "camping". I say this in quotes because it is most likely not what you're imagining...there are no actual tents involved and hot running water is a luxury we do enjoy on this trip.

The cabins we stay in overlook this great lake in Chicot State Park so it was a short "hike" (again...grain of salt, we are talking about Louisiana here folks- it's not exaclty Mount Everest) to the dock where we launched our canoes for some old school paddlin'.

Mommy loves this picture- daddy captured so much emotion! Unfortunately, we have no idea what was happening that made me so uneasy and mommy so mad; but whatever the challenge, momma assures me this is a normal reaction to daddy in a boat with a paddle.

No comments: