Thursday, February 21, 2008

9 months!


Well, can you believe it? It has been 9 months (already -and yet only) since I have graced you all with my presence! I am super busy these days...let's see, what's new?

First, I had my first bout of ear infections about two weeks ago now. It started in my left ear and after a week of antibiotics it somehow spread to my right! Despite the yuckiness I have been in good spirits which my mommy REALLY appreciates.

Next, my last visit to the doctor for my 9 month check up was somewhat consumed by the ear issue, but the good news was that for the first time I didn't get any shots- what a relief! I actually lost a pound weighing in at 18lbs, 12 oz. I have also grown a bit since my 6 month visit measuring 28 1/4 inches (these put me in about the 65th percentile for weight and the 75th for height). My head circumference is 17 1/4 inches which is still a little below average. I passed my development screening as well, proving I could hold two objects at the same time- 1 in each hand, clap, hit two object together and other silly stuff that Dr. Bellah always asks me to do.

Third, I have lots of new tricks and hobbies. As you can see above, I don't just crawl and stand anymore, oh no. If I am up, I must walk. I cruise from chair to chair, around the coffee table, and pretty much anywhere I can get as long as I am holding onto something. I even take the blocks that my Zara gave my parents to use as furniture and use them like a walker (mind you I have a perfectly good lion walker that Aunt Quinny and Uncle Dave got me for Christmas, but I just seem to prefer real things as opposed to toys). When I am done walking or standing I do a very graceful PLOP onto my bottom...luckily I still have those diapers to soften my fall.

I continue to try new foods and love them- my new favorite- pasta! Like I mentioned above, I still prefer toys like cell phones, remote controls, pens, etc. My other favorite activity is to climb up and take my toys onto the granite hearth in the living room. It is just my height. Mommy has some pictures she will post of that.

One more thing- my babbling is progressing and I do finally say da-da (although indiscriminately). No ma-ma in sight- :-( but I do say MMMMMM now when I eat something I like-which is pretty much everything. My baby sign is coming along as well- I seem to understand certain signs like eat (big surprise here), milk, bath and ball but I don't sign back yet. We're still working on it. Well, folks, that is what I am up to at 9 months- just playing, loving life and hanging out with my family.

No comments: