Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blayne goes camping!


This past weekend- well- Sunday through Wednesday, we went on my first camping trip! Now, I'm only 8 months old, so don't look for tents and canteens here folks, I need slightly more comfortable accomodations. We took a trip to the some crazy little towns in Lousinana to see how they celebrate Marti Gras. We went with our friends the Hoerners, who are originally from New Orleans, and were accompanied by the Batchelors and the Swishers making for a total of 12 of us sleeping in a one bedroom cabin! Mom was worried about me waking everyone up in the middle of the night, but I did great! The much bigger concern was the one bathroom shared by those same 12 people...one of them being daddy...

We had a blast! We left early Sunday morning and stopped in Eunice to check out the parade and festivities on the way to the cabin. Monday we ventured into Mamou for some pre-Fat-Tuesday fun, Tuesday- Marti Gras day- we participated in a parade/processional in a "float" and finally Wednesday we headed back to Houston. We had great weather and I had so much fun seeing all the different and exciting things...the same for which mommy is glad I have not yet developed any long term memory.

No comments: