Monday, April 21, 2008

Shoes or no shoes?



Not really much of a question in my opinion- the answer is: NO SHOES! Since I am starting to walk (I am up to about 15-20 steps on occasion without falling plus I can get up on my own with no props and often reach short destinations) momma thought we should start working on shoes. Not to mention, as great of a city as New Orleans is, it is simply no place for a child without shoes. So, about a week or so before our trip we started working seriously on shoes. It was a rough start. The first time they were on my feet I basically melted- I had no idea what to do with these lead weights strapped to my feet- I couldn't stand, crawl, walk or even function. So, as you can imagine the weekend was a bit of a constant struggle of shoes or no shoes. Ironically however, after a long weekend of shoe pushing, the insides seem to be a good bit dirtier than the soles.
We would also like to point out that somehow, miraculously, we returned to Houston with -brace yourselves- both shoes!

No comments: