Friday, September 24, 2010

"Momma, you're really TALL!?!"

To celebrate momma being officially out of her 20s, daddy went all out! As you might guess, daddy, Blayne and Caden picked out the perfect new cruiser bike for me!
Title explanation: There are a lot of September birthdays for the Miller-Springsted crew: Tia, Mia, Bucca, Kennedy and Mommy. So, as we went from one to the next, I kept telling Blayne that I was turning 30. While putting her to bed the night before my big day, she looked at me and said, "Momma, tomorrow's your birthday, right?" "Right", I said. "You're 30," she replied, "you're really tall."


Daddy managed to get me the day off work and we spent it together enjoying the offerings of the city of Houston including the Museum of Natural Science and the Children's Museum of Houston. It was a great day, we even stopped on the way home for some Korean BBQ- yummm!!
Late afternoon we headed to Kemah to enjoy a cocktail at the Flying Dutchman and took the kids to the playground. On the way home we planned to stop at Target and get some food to cook dinner and relax...or not. We missed the turn to Target (odd...) and as we approached the stop sign at the local pavilion, daddy's grand plan was unveiled. A SURPRISE PARTY! It was a great party- daddy had arranged for food, fun, friends and even a band! It was a great day.
Thanks again to daddy and everyone for a great 30th birthday!

1 comment:

Katherine, Ben, Margaret & Charlotte said...

What what a great birthday! Ben and I loved the tall comment! And I still remember you two taking me for Korean BBQ in Delaware! It was SO good, but I have never had it again!
I know it is very belated at this point, but Happy Birthday Momma!