Saturday, December 22, 2007

The trip north

I am starting to get suspicious of this big 7 month celebration...it seems that those gifts may very well have been a bribe because the very next night mommy and daddy put me to bed in my car seat and when I woke up we were in Tennessee! This of course meant that we had some 15 remaining hours in the car before we finally unloaded in Gettysburg, PA. They promised the trip would be worth it and it was! Every second!

This is an ornament that my Grand-Mimi gave my mom and Zara when they drove all the way from California to Pennsylvania with my mom when she was a baby. She too went cross country- backward- in the back of a pick-up truck!

So I guess my mom earned the inscription of her name and the year (1980) on the bottom of this Christmas ornament, and I have now earned mine. Texas might not be quite as far as California but 1500 miles in 25 hours straight for a 7 months old is a pretty big feat. Needless to say, my name and the year 2007 are now also inscribed on the bottom of this ornament...who wants to be next?

No comments: