Wednesday, July 18, 2007

8 week update

A little late, but here I am at 8 weeks! I have been keeping my mom extremely busy, hence the lack of blog posts. I went for my vaccinations on Monday and did surprisingly well. I cried at the moment of impact, but by the time we reached the check-out counter, I had decided there are worse things in life. My parents kept me pumped up on Tylenol for the rest of the day, and all in all it was not as bad as we had all imagined. We also got new stats this week: 10lbs 12oz and 22 inches. That puts me in the 55th percentile for weight and the 40th for height. My dad says that makes me short and fat...it's a good thing that mom already explained to me how we just have to ignore him from time to time ;-)

I have decided not only that these upper appendages do belong to me, but that they are simply DELICIOUS! To my bag of tricks I have added sucking on my hands (loudly and often), drooling (if you look close you can see how wet my face is), tiny bubbles (I make these particularly when I'm hungry), cooing and other noises (even the mean ones are a huge improvement from sheer screams), gurgling and snorting. Yes, snorting. I don't know where I get this...both of my parents swear they don't do it, but when I get upset and cry, it'll often be accompanied by a snort or two.

What else? I can also hold my head up at a 90 degree angle when on my belly. I have not yet mastered the roll-over (although neither has my brother Mulligan and he is way older than me) but we don't think it will be long. Just yesterday I entertained myself on my activity mat for about 20 minutes, which was a huge bonus for mom since I have completely given up my afternoon nap, and all in all at 8 weeks and counting I am a happy, healthy baby!

No comments: