Saturday, May 5, 2007

4...

Saturday: Cinco de Mayo! 4 days to go...
As far as signs of labor go...we may be making progress. One big step in the right direction: nesting. Fortunately, Ian has taken on this responsibility for me! He must be feeling the pressure because he is working day and night on his boats, gardens, and anything he can get his little hands on. I very much appreciate him picking up the slack on this one, because quite honestly, I'm too tired.

I also finally experienced a Braxton Hicks contraction! Just one, but none the less, something that indicates the possibility of labor starting on its own in the next few days. The bad part is that I am pretty sure it was in fact a contraction because it scared me...it was not the painless tightening of muscles I have read about...it was more of an 'oh yeah...I'm going to need that epidural when the time comes' type experience.

It goes without saying that we still have hopes that we will not have to resort to induction, but we'll see as the days pass. So, with no news being good news- go have a margarita for me and enjoy Cinco de Mayo since it doesn't look like anyone will need to jump on an airplane today!

1 comment:

Mia & Bucca said...

Yeah Braxton Hicks!(sorry Ashly) it is a good sign Blayne is soon ready to make her appearance! We have been nesting too, opened the pool and tiki bar! refinished the deck, planted flowers.... the bags are packed and waiting for a phone call...see you soon.
love ya
Mia & Bucca