Tuesday, May 1, 2007

8...

Tuesday: 8 days to D-day!

So at 8 days to go...I apparently don't have the endearing demeanor I perceive myself as having because Ian came home last night with several home remedies to induce labor. He tried to pass them off as "wanting Blayne to arrive on the date he guessed" but knowing the prize, something tells me that is a flat out lie!

So, at 8pm I started a regimen of 10 cups of raspberry tea a day (I would not recommend starting this at night, or drinking all 10 cups within an hour- just a thought...). This is supposed to induce labor as well as make for an easy labor. Hilary did it and she seems to have survived, so I figured, why not? We did jump on the band wagon a bit late- I believe this is supposed to work best when started at 37 weeks...so, I guess I'll just have to drink twice as much!

We ate eggplant too, another apparent labor inducing nutrient...we'll see what comes of that. So, all in all, other than having a very full bladder, we are hanging in there with 8 days left!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Not sure we can vouch for whether or not the raspberry tea works, but at least it tastes good :o) We tried that along with Evening Primrose Oil... and anything else we could think of... Blayne (not Daddy) will know when she wants her birthday!

We're thinking about you every day!!!!